- Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia
- South America
- Why A&K
- Special Offers
- Contact Us
Latest News from A&K Kenya
Introducing the Geoffrey Kent Suite at Sanctuary Olonana
Following the relaunch of Sanctuary Olonana, the lodge has announced it will open the Geoffrey Kent Suite on 18th March 2019. The GK Suite features two en-suite bedrooms with an additional bedroom for children; floor to ceiling windows look out to a wraparound private deck and infinity pool overlooking the river. The suite has a private lounge and dining area where meals freshly prepared by an in-suite chef will be served. Guests will enjoy their very own private safari vehicle and safari guide as well as a private access road separate to the main entrance. Photos and rates will be shared at a later date. The lodge is now taking bookings for the ultra-luxury GK Suite.
Qatar Airways to Launch Direct Doha—Mombasa Service
On 09th December 2018, Qatar Airways will commence direct flights between Doha and Mombasa. The new four times
weekly flights, with a flight time of just over six hours, will be operated with an Airbus A320. The airline already has three daily flights
to Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Airkenya Suspends Flights to Kenya’s Coast
Effective 11th January 2019, AirKenya will suspend the coastal routes of Diani, Lamu and Malindi. AirKenya will move the aircraft on to safari destinations further afield including adding a flight from the Masai Mara to Entebbe via Kisumu making gorilla tracking extensions far easier to add onto a safari.
Safarilink Launches Nairobi—Kisumu Service
On 3rd September 2018, Safarilink introduced twice daily flights from Wilson Airport in Nairobi to Kisumu. The route, serviced by a 52 seater Dash 8, departs Nairobi at 1045 and 1745 to arrive in Kisumu at 1135 and 1835 respectively. Return flights depart Kisumu at 1155 and 1900, arriving in Nairobi at 1245 and 1950.
Delta Air Lines has commenced a codeshare partnership with Kenya Airways, covering the KQ’s service between Kenya and Europe, as well as selected routes beyond Nairobi.
In Q3 2018, Nairobi – Amsterdam service will increase from 7 to 11 flights weekly.
Between 14th January and 29th March 2019, Nairobi – Livingstone service will be reduced from 4 to 3 times weekly.
CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES INCREASES NAIROBI-GUANGZHOU FREQUENCY
China Southern Airlines has increased its Nairobi-Guangzhou flights to three times a week. The airline now operates Monday, Tuesday and Friday using an Airbus A330-200 aircraft that has a 218-passenger capacity.
AIR FRANCE TO INCREASE NAIROBI-PARIS FLIGHTS
Air France will increase flights from Nairobi – Paris from three to five times a week from 31st March 2019. The flights will operate daily except Tuesdays and Saturdays using the 276 seater Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
KICHECHE CAMPS UPDATES
• KICHECHE LAIKIPIA, OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY: Now has a fleet of seven-seater open sided land cruisers
• KICHECHE MARA, KICHECHE VALLEY AND KICHECHE LAIKIPIA CAMPS: Now have on demand plumbed hot water showers. Kicheche Bush Camp still has a traditional safari bucket shower.
• ALL KICHECHE CAMPS: Now have Wi-Fi in their communal lounge areas. They also have charging sockets for electrical gadgets in all the tents.
GOVERNORS CAMPS UPDATES
• LOLDIA CAMP, NAIVASHA: Has upgraded its soft furnishings with antique dressers, wicker furniture, glided mirrors, ceramic bedside lamps, feather and hollow-fibre pillows, new towels and dressing gowns. The camp has also acquired brilliant spotlights to improve the night game drive experience.
• GOVERNORS IL MORAN CAMP, MASAI MARA: The first phase of the Il Moran’s upgrade is complete. The camp has all new soft furnishings in addition to new terrazzo flooring in the bathrooms and on the verandas of each new tent. The second phase will include a new central bar area and dining tent.
THE NEW LOOK ENTIM MARA CAMP
Entim Mara Camp located inside the Masai Mara National Reserve on the Mara River has been completely refurbished. The camp features 12 spacious beige-coloured tents raised on wooden decks. The tents are now outfitted with tan and beige furnishings and include a seating area and a new bathroom. A wellness spa has also been added.
SAROVA LION HILL GAME LODGE NEW SWIMMING POOL
Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge in Lake Nakuru National Park has renovated its pool which is now heated and meets international standards in terms of depth and safety.
NAIROBI SERENA COMPLETES PHASE ONE OF REFURBISHMENT
95 rooms have been completed at Nairobi Serena as well as the executive lounge, front of house and carpark. The new restaurant is scheduled to open in November 2018 and the hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
- Follow us on
- Share us on